Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89C51 (P0) Open Drain Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micro Lover

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i m using 89C51, the 3 ports (P1, P2, P3) are used for different purpose, but the remaining port (P0) , the Open Drain, is remain, the problem is that, I want to use it for 15 different Lights, using matrix, (3 Rows and 5 columns) the 3 rows are positive volt and 5 are minus/ground (each pin used as switching)

using 5 volt signal, controlling 9 voltage, the hardware is designed with NPN and PNP transistor, the same hardware that i used in Port 1 and Port 2, is working fine, but here the port 0 is open drain, and i also used 10k pullup resistors, but its not showing/glowing any light.

please post a simplified schematic diagram of your setup. you can simplify it showing only one led. It would be much easier for us to understand the problem that way.

The below schema should work. Q1 could be omitted for 5V LED supply.

Re: here i tried to explain the problem

Without ground reference can that circuit not do anything reliable. If it normally is working fine, what is the function of fine? Input/output is it logical DC levels?
If I add a ground ref. and guess type of input, output load and voltage swing does it result in that Q1 is missing a pull up resistor at base and Q3 can not close fully as base voltage is lower then 9V.
I am probably guessing wrong?

What's the use of a follow up thread?

Your original post is referring to a matrix circuit, it's unclear where the matrix connection is intended in your link. I'm keeping my suggestion for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.