Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89c51 interfacing with external timer ics

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliraza786

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello as u all know there are 2 timers in 89c51 and somone tell me that timers are basically integrated Circuit installed in microcontrollers like we interface ADC with 89c51. i want more timers in 89c51 can i interface more timers externaly just like adc. becuse i need 6 independant pwm channels and accurate time delays also 89c55 has 3 timers but not match my requirments.kindly guide me and i am not going to change my controler becuse i ma expert in prograing 89c55 then other avr and pic microcontroler. i used C language to program. thanks ....

What are you driving with the six PWM channels?

You may not need any additional timers.

For example if you are driving servos with the six PWM channels, you can easily independently control well over six servos with a single timer.

There are also devices designed to specifically generate multiple PWM channels which can easily interface to the AT89C51 via SPI or I2C (TWI) interfaces.

BigDog

thnku bigDog... kindly tell me how can i control 6 servos with single timer...? recently i control 2 motors and use 2 timers for pwm after that i cannot control 3rd motor... what is the number of devices which can b interfaced with 89c51 ..?

Here are just a few possible options for external PWM generator devices:

LT8500 48-Channel PWM Generator with 12-Bit Resolution and 50MHz Cascadable Serial Interface

• Large Screen Display LED Backlighting
  • Mono-, Multi-, Full-Color LED Displays
  • LED Billboards and Signboards
  • Motor Control
  • Industrial Control
  • Automated Test Equipment
  • Robotics

M66242P/FP 4-CH 12-BIT PWM GENERATOR

**broken link removed**

FPGA Implementation ACTEL CorePWM

I'll dig up some examples of using an 8051 variant alone and post them shortly.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.