Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 serial programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassan Gazal

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all ,

i found on internet a lot of 8051 programmers , i need a simple programmer using serial port not parallel port
just using the MAX232 and the main micro controller i need to program only 89s52 or 89s51 not any C family .

also i found some programmers using another chip with internal firmware i don't need that also , so if any programmer using only MAX232 and main controller.

i found this circuit so if i did it , it will work or not ???

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/5921015900_1374853258.gif

I think ,if you want with max232 .you defiantly need a pre-programmed controller .
otherwise you can simply program via parallel port

I have a parallel programmer for only 89sxx can i use parallel to usb converter to use it ??

and if yes please which software can i use ??

The programmer you just posted is a USBasp.

Why not just purchase one for $3 or $4 on eBay or from a manufacturer like:

51 AVR MCU Download Cable with USBASP

Do you have or know a person with a system with an RS-232 or LPT port available?

There are simply programmer designs for the AVR, a few discrete components and some 74 series ICs.

Simple AVR Programmers

BigDog

I find s suitable Programmer using serial port for AT89Sxx
all i need is all of your opinion about this programmer if any one did it before without any problems

i think there is a missing ceramic capacitor on 89Sxx chip on crystal
so any suggestions

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/5893555800_1375115896.gif

Yes, You need 2 - 33pf capacitors.

Now how are you going to flash the 89c2051 programmer?

Edit
I havnt tried it personally, but it should work.. Best of luck

for 89c2051 i will using my friend programmer to burn the firmware , i will try and tell you about result
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.