Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 serial communication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qasim Khokhar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i am trying to interface serially with 8051 i am using ISIS , hyper-terminal and virtual com port emulator , i am using MAX232 for level conversion but after passing through max232 data become garbage , hyper-terminal show garbage characters . i am attaching my ISIS model and C code with my post . can anybody help me . One more thing my configurations are correct .

Untitled.pngView attachment code.txt

this is my working schematic and code look at it and comparison between it and your schematic and code

Attachments

• control 4 relay via UART.rar
    146.4 KB · Views: 98
this is my working schematic and code look at it and comparison between it and your schematic and code

MAAM its really help full Thanku shhooooo much . one thing i have to ask , i am using AT89C51 so when i connect not on TX and RX its working for bi-direction but in your schematic diagram you never connect on both terminal is 8152 do this step by its own .
THANKu again :p

dear Qasim please clarify your question

i am using AT89C51 so when i connect not on TX and RX its working for bi-direction but in your schematic diagram you never connect on both terminal is 8152 do this step by its own

thank you

in your schematic diagram there is one "NOT GATE " is connected ! for bi-direction when i connect NOT GATE on both tx and rx of 8051 it work. My question is this 8052 convert data before transmit from TX.

:???:

in your schematic diagram there is one "NOT GATE " is connected ! for bi-direction when i connect NOT GATE on both tx and rx of 8051 it work. My question is this 8052 convert data before transmit from TX.

:???:

As jayanth.devarayanadurga said but in practical experiment you not need this not gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.