Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 Microcontroller Development Kit and Bluetooth module co

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighead

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 microcontroller development board

Hie! I am facing some problems while I am trying to send data from my 8051 microcontroller to my bluetooth module.

I've bought a Fet@89c5x Programmable General Purpose 8051 Microcontroller Development Kit from my lecturer. The circuit board consists of a ready-to-be-used microcontroller circuit and a MAX232 circuit (to convert the TTL logic levels to the RS232 voltage levels and vice versa).

I am trying to write a code to communicate with my Bluetooth module. I tried to send out a RESET COMMAND packet to the bluetooth module and I am suppose to receive a COMPLETE COMMAND EVENT packet from the bluetooth module. However, I found out that the RESET command is being sent out, but there is no event packet returned. The Bluetooth module is in good condition when I tried it with my VB program. But it seems not functioning at all when it's connected to the Microcontroller development kits.

Is it possible that the microcontroller development kits is incompatible with the bluetooth module? Or is there some other things that I've missed out? Please help. Thanks for answering my doubts.

Re: 8051 Microcontroller Development Kit and Bluetooth modul

You might have a problem with the RS232 cable (crossed or noncrossed) and/or with the RS232 handshake lines also check the baudrate.

Take a look at this thread:

best regards

Re: 8051 Microcontroller Development Kit and Bluetooth modul

Hi Bighead.

I also have the same problem with you. Well, have managed to solve the problem? If yes, would you mind sharing your knowledge with me? I am using AVR MCU, ATmega8515. What MCU are you using?

Another question is that does the bluetooth module need MAX232 when it connect to the microcontroller? It seem like the bluetooth module uses TTL level and not RS232 level. Can anyone clarify with me?

Thanks

Regards,
qh2_2000

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.