Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051+keypad+NVRAM+LCD+RTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

boedyoe

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to connect keypad+NVRAM+LCD+RTC to 8051? Parallel NVRAM connect to port 0 and port 2. The 16x2 LCD is connected to port 1. How to expand port to connect keypad and RTC?

Salam,

Use Shift Registers (serial in parallel out)
You can use 74HC595 for this purpose.

Bye

Use I2C RTC and I2C I/O expander for access KeyBoard.

Why dont u use expanded mode??

very very easy
just use i/o mapped memory hardware

hi,
you can use the 4 bit mode of the lcd (you will need 6 i/o only) for lcd

bye

Fire in the Wire :sm2:

Can anyone give schematic hardware diagram and software listing? I'm newbie in microcontroller. Where is the best site to study it?

You could easily use the NVRAM data and address lines as input to the keypad multiplexor (e.g. d0-d2 drive a 3-8 decoder), and use one pin on the 'LCD port' (e.g. P1.0) which is driven by a tri-state buffer only when the LCD is *not* being accessed (i.e. the LCD chip select is OFF) , it being in the nature of a single processor to only do one thing at once, i.e. read the keypad OR talk to the LCD OR talk to the NVRAM.

If your keypad is >8 buttons, you could use more pins on P1 upto the 4 bits used for talking to it.

Or, how about using I2C EEPROM instead of NVRAM so you free up P2 and P0?

HTH
Barny

Status
Not open for further replies.