Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051+Eprom(2764) simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

codey666

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have interface 8051 with 2764 and loaded a simple toggle program at p1^1.It works with code in Uc but not with code in eprom please help

Attachments

• sim2 - Copy.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 46

#include<reg51.h>
sbit tgl=P1^1;
unsigned long int i=0;

void main()
{
while(1)
{
i=0;
tgl= 0;
for(i=0;i<100000;i++);
tgl=1;
for(i=0;i<100000;i++);
}
}
When I load the .hex through uc the P1^1 goes on blue and red but when I delete the hex in uc and load it in eprom and ground the EA pin which directs the fetch to eprom and starts from 0x0000 base address nothing happens the P1^1 is red.It doesnt turn blue and even the CE is red I have gien the connections a correct as for as I can see...also I notice this all happens if I give simulate fetch option in uc to default when I give a yes the address lines see to increament continuously and the PSEN pin also blinks still P1^1 is red....

This is the
Hex file

Attachments

• check.rar
    475 bytes · Views: 46

Pullups too didnt work

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry it took me sometime to get back..i tried pullingup but it didnt work.....please get back and answer this post and help me also where can i get libraries for various ucs that are not present in proteus...

It is working fine. See video inside .rar file. The uc should have a hex file which is different from the hex of eeprom. Put a blank hex file for uC and see.

This might help you. **broken link removed**

Attachments

• exteep.rar
    170.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Thank u for ur efforts....but I tried blank hex file and it did not work....Is it an issue with some versions of proteus???

- - - Updated - - -

And I could not open ur dsn file because i have proteus7.1.....If u could send me .dsn of this version it would be helpful....

Can a genius point out the logic contention error in my program,when I try to run it from eeprom.
EA pin does not matter as it should here.If simulate opcode fetch is "no" then it runs well from uc if "yes" it runs from EEPROM.
simple programs like led blink runs good on from eeprom but this program doesnot run...well....the basic logic behind the program is(ignoring the commented lines)...get the input from the adc and display it in the lcd..I dont expect to see sane characters but the lcd does not respond at all...When executed from uc I get the crazy characters its fine....but ut doesnt happen with the eeprom...pleese help...

- - - Updated - - -

attachments sim and code

- - - Updated - - -

attachments sim and code

Attachments

• simu.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 46
  • sim2.rar
    26.2 KB · Views: 41

Logic Contention error occurs if any pin is configured and used as output or if any pin is configured as output and used as input. Post your Proteus file and Code.

I posted both isnt it visible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back