Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 digital clock by 7-segment !! help

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 segment clock

Hi , i have make a digital clock by using avr microcontroller , but the idea is the same.
you need to be familiar with interrupts because it simplify software design and lessen the load to the cpu , you need 2 interrupts in your program:
1-timer 2 interrupt , TR2 should be overflow each 50 ms(50000 us if using 12 MHz crystal) ,thus ,in your isr you need to increment seconds each 20 overflows ( 20 * 50 = 1sec) , and if seconds reached 60 you should clear it and increment minutes and so on.
2- TR0 interrupt for refreshing the display

hi!
I would like to share a tutorial on **broken link removed**
hope this might be useful

so many useful things here./.......if still anybody has completed it.
plz send it to me at:
ahmed_rohaan@yahoo.com

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

any schematics,code..anythng is welcome..thnX

Hi
use a RTC and a microcontroller. If you like this idea i will make some circuit.

Re: 7 segment interfacing with 8051

plz need ur help urgently

i need assembly keil codes not of c for the 2 or 3 multiplexed 7 segment display with the use of microcontroller 89c51 or 89c52

Re: digital clock using 8051

you can use an RTC and interface it with the 8051 micro-controller.....the RTC IC is powered by a separate 3.3V Li-battery and will update the date and time even when the 8051 is switched off....u can make the 8051 read the value of the RTC registers,convert it into its corresponding 7-segment code and then display it....
you need to be very careful while writing the rtc code.....you must initialize the rtc only once after power up...

Status
Not open for further replies.