Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

802.11 WLAN link with couple of DWL-900AP and radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yahooooo

I had been seeking help on 802.11 WLAN links in a few topics in recent past. This was not my field of interest but the requirement led me to make the link and home-brew some antennas as well. With a lot of help from you guys, Pingy, Flatulent and others, I finally managed to get the link working with couple of DWL-900AP+ radios, 1 helical antenna and 1 parabolic reflector.

Thanks a lot for all the help. I was lost without it.

rgds

techie

Re: Yahooooo

Hi techie,

Congrats!!! on your Sucess can you give me & the rest of the readers , the details of all equipment and techniques you used for this achievement.

Br.

Yahooooo

I think you are a bit late on this post (It was exactly 4 years ago). Things have changed and equipment is now easy to get and cheap. I myself have upgraded the link with better off-the-shelf antennas. But if you still need some advise, you can ask me specifically in which section you need.

Re: Yahooooo

Hi techie,

Thanx for reply, can you give me the whole scanario and details of equipment you are using now.

Br.

Yahooooo

I used DWL-900AP+ radios with home-made parabolic reflectors. The parabolic reflectors were later changed to off-the-shelf 36db parabolic antennas. I dont remember the brand name but there are hundreds of these available online. What else do you want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back