Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8-Pole Round Rod Cavity Interdigital Filter HFSS Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali_cmi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I have to design an 8-pole Round Rod Cavity Interdigital filter. Theoretically, it meets my required specs which are as follows:

-Fc= 1090 MHz
-Bandwidth= 270 MHz
-FBW= 24.77 %
-Insertion Loss= Less than 1 dB from 955-1225 MHz (270 MHz)
-Rejection > 45 dB @ 807.5 MHz and 1372.5 MHz

I took the physical dimensions from https://www.wa4dsy.net/cgi-bin/idbpf (you are welcome :) ) and the resulting dimensions are attached as a text file.
I am attaching my simulation in HFSS. Please see if I have missed anything or something I did wrong. Correct if you can, please. If any other simulator is preferred by you, kindly take some time to simulate it so that I may be confirmed about the design specs.

Note: Please use HFSS 13.0 to avoid any compatibility issues. If it opens without any problem, ignore this note :D

Thanks in advance to all who see and comment. :)

Peace.

View attachment dimensions.txt My current results.JPGView attachment reference fig.pdfView attachment IdFilt-1.rarinput arguments.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Do ask if you need more info.

The simulation has obviously too few points. This doesn't necessarily explain the deviations from expected filter curve, but higher frequency resultion is necessary to understand the simulation results.

I'm not a FEM expert but would expect too coarse meshing or errors in the structure definition causing the deviations.

Secondly, how do you know that the specified filter characteristic is feasible as 4th order? Stop band attenuation isn't included in the data entry and as far as I see from a general filter tool would require 6th to 8th order for the given ripple and pass band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back