Not open for further replies.

Anomis

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi EDA members,
I want to design a 8 phases non-overlapping circuit from johnson divider by 4 circuit. I already referred to this post for a hint:
But the thing is my clock input has constraints that I cannot make it as large as i want:
For example I have a source of fi=4 GHz and want 8 phases output signals with DCD = 12.5 % non-overlapping, f0=1GHz. The simple solution is just to use a divider by 8 circuit with fi=8GHz, then i have f0 = 1GHz with 8 phases as desired. However i don't have such big clock source of 8GHz. How can I solve this problem with this condition?
Very much appreciated your help!
Tommy

Hi ads_ee, this is a kind of mix-signal design - clock dividers associating with an RF design in my circuit. So it is hard to post it in an individual RF section with only pure RF expert's help. Please sympathize with the situation.
P/S: i 've just looked at the section name, it is digital design & embedded stuff. Honestly, i first posted in analog design section, and dont know why it jumped into here. sorry !

Last edited:

Honestly, i first posted in analog design section, and dont know why it jumped into here. sorry !
The post was moved by a moderator because clock divider is clearly a digital design topic. The original question didn't give any hints if you are working on custom chip design (ASIC) or are using dedicated or programmable logic IC. I don't think that forum assignment is the problem here, it's rather the unclear specification. In usual terminology, "non-overlapping" involves a delay between consecutive pulses, but no timing details have been yet specified.

It's unclear to me which circuit was used for the simulation in post #17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…