tayyab786

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is any one know how to use ht12d and ht12e to tranmit 8bit data

transmit 8 bit data using mcu with RF 433MHZ

can any body know how to transmit 8 bit data with micro controller And RF 433MHZ..I know the some encoder and decoder IC e.g ht640 and ht648 but the problem is, it is not a available in local market. Ht12E and ht12D are available but it only transmit 4 bit data. can any body know what I can do. Is there any way to transmit 8bit data without encoder and decoder Ic. Or any other way?

Last edited by a moderator:

As you are using a microcontroller, why not encode the serial data in software?

You will get unreliable communication if you just send the bits sequentially (through a UART for example) but if you encode the data you can get very reliable results. I use 433MHz FM modules with a PIC at each end and have transferred many Megabytes over many years with no errors.

Brian.

These are "canned" preconfigured RF decoders that assume a fixed 12-bit payload, and either 4 or "0" bits of that payload as "data".
It is time consuming, but you could break down your data transmission into 4-bit "nibbles" at a time and deconstruct/reconstruct the data that way.
You have a microcontroller - it should work pretty well for these sorts of tasks. If necessary, define (1) address for the lower 4 bits of "data", and another address for the upper (4) bits.
Then you disassemble/reassemble as required. You could use a third address as a "flag" or semaphore to indicate to the receiver when both halves of the next data byte have been sent and ready to be read, so you can synchronize the reassembly. This is just a suggestion off the top of my head.

thank you sir for reply.. sir is there any possibility to encode data in software.. actually I am new in micro controller world

Status
Not open for further replies.