Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 bit ADC spice model

Status
Not open for further replies.

himadri_debnath

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to test my 8 bit DAC in LTspice. For that I need to apply 8 bit ADC output. But there are no 8bit ADC in LTspice XVII. Is there any website where I can find spice model for 8bit ADC?

Why you need ADC?
You can measure output waveform in time with constant period and do whatever you want (FFT, linearity test, etc).
Also, if you want to set digital word, you can do it by voltage sources.

I am actually doing this. I just wanted to check sinusoidal variation and also wanted to compare the DAC output with ADC input

I don't know if ltspice supports VerilogA, if yes then you can find a lot of ADC codes.
If not, pwl file sources are the solution. However, you will need to take sinusoid waveform, digitised it and save every bit into two column text file and use in pwl file sources.

You can write an ideal ADC model using LTspice behavioral sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.