Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

600/800W 220~230v AC Inverter SMPS from 12v DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connect 1k resistors from gate to source of each MOSFET. You'll find your problem solved. :)

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

1k resistor was there as you suggested in another thread.

If I do not find the problem, how can I test it again to find fault without burning MOSFET and gate driver! Please suggest....

As a parallel task, I wanted to know about filter. I need 1.25uF capacitor and 4.26mH inductor as calculated earlier. After the transformer full bridge rectifier will be used with MUR460 diode. After that I need to use filter of 1.15uF capacitor and 4.26mH inductor. Which core do I need to make 4.26mH inductor?

First ensure that all connections are proper, that you've made the correct connections and that there are no loose connections.

For inductors, I find it convenient to wind on toroid cores.

First ensure that all connections are proper, that you've made the correct connections and that there are no loose connections.

For inductors, I find it convenient to wind on toroid cores.

What should be the dimension of toroidal core? Do I need to think about the power of the inverter to chose the Core (core size)? I do not have LCR meter and do not know wheter I can collect a new core with product number. In this condition could you suggest how can I make 4.26mH inductor for my test inverter?

1k resistor was there as you suggested in another thread.

If I do not find the problem, how can I test it again to find fault without burning MOSFET and gate driver! Please suggest....
So far I did not find any circuit in this thread then how can anybody suggest

Hi Tahmid vai & Goldsmith,

Could you please help me choosing toroidal core to make 4.26mH inductor for filter for Converter section? Current 1A.

I don't think you can find the specifications of the toroid core you'll purchase. So, making the inductor with required inductance will require trial and error and experimentation. So, you'll need an LCR meter.

Okay, I'll try to buy a LCR meter. Initially how can I select dimension to start trial and error?

hello all my self suraj read in b.tec final year
i have to make project on 600W 230v AC Inverter SMPS so plzzzz any one give me the ckt iits my mail id suraj.bunu@gmail.com plzz plz plzzzzz help me

most popular circuit for dc to ac converter.

Attachments

• 200watt.PDF
    139.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 200watt.rar
    24.2 KB · Views: 216

Hi friends,

I am also planning to build such an inverter of 800W capacity.

But for the first stage (DC-DC converter), I would like to know the wire gauge in primary and secondary. From Mr. Thanmid's blog I leaned and planning to use 3+3 turns in primary and 96 turns in secondary with 100kHz switching to produce a HV DC (about 320V DC).

Please help me to calculate the wire gauge and core size.

Hi,

You can design DC DC converter using single inductor (10uH to 200uH), later stage use LLC resonant circuit.

Thanks,
Jolly Jacob

Hi friends,

I am also planning to build such an inverter of 800W capacity.

But for the first stage (DC-DC converter), I would like to know the wire gauge in primary and secondary. From Mr. Thanmid's blog I leaned and planning to use 3+3 turns in primary and 96 turns in secondary with 100kHz switching to produce a HV DC (about 320V DC).

Please help me to calculate the wire gauge and core size.

Hi Jolli,

Please help me to calculate wire gauge for HF transformers considering Frequency & Current.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tahmid,

Please help me to choose wire gauge for transformer used in DC-DC converter. I am following your Circuit what u posted in your Blog using SG3525 IC. My plan is to convert 12V to 325V to make a 800W 230V sine wave inverter.

Expecting your helpful reply.

Thanks.

I read out the full of this thread ,, The first some part of this thread was very useful and learnt a lot of .. at the last there is a confusion.
Any way thanks

Hi,

You can search for ready made inductor wich is carrying min 100A rms current (800W/12V = 66.66A, 1.5 times of normal current. but you should consider voltage at low battery voltage). Normally 50KHz to 100KHz switching frequency are using in DC/DC conversion stage. i wll try to get the design note for DC Dc converter and paste it here later.

Thanks

Here is an LTspice simulation of an three phase inverter ("3PH BLDC")...I represented the motor coils by series L and R.
You must have all files in same folder to run it. Only "3ph bldc" file is simulation, the other files are used by the simulation to switch the inverter.

Note that I have just commutated from coil to coil, but I do no have high frequency pwm in between the commutations, so its not quite absolutely accurate.

Attachments

• 3PH BLDC.txt
    5 KB · Views: 73
  • 120.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 120+60.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 240.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 240+60.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 70
  • zero.txt