Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5KW-10KW transformerless inverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimalkhanna

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want design help to develop a transformerless output for 230VAC/50Hz pure sine Inverter with 24VDC/48VDC/100VDC input from batteries .
The base 5Khz to 50KHz oscill. pulse signals could be PIC16 based or ATMEL processor generated .

Timing generation will be one of the lesser problems, I assume. I don't think that it's a good idea, to design the inverter strictly transformerless. You would want to utilize a medium or high frequency transformer for effective voltage conversion.

There are some SMPS without use of transformers ( like Buck converter ); just the Inductor are used to performs reactive charge on capacitors. However like mentioned by FvM is not a recomended implementation and it is unnusual.

Take a look here to get some particular guidance :
SMPS Switching Power Supply Topologies: Comparison and Selection

+++

You have chosen quite a significant design - I suggest engaging professional help if you wish to see a result inside 18 months, Regards, Orson Cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.