Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3Phase Inverter from Single Phase Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreafog

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
romanian mc3phac

Hi to all!
I've a question relating this interesting argument.

I would like to use a rectifier bridge (with capacitor) to rectify a AC single phase supply and then use the DC BUS that I've obtained to drive a motor with an inverter. If my suppositions are correct the resulting voltage applied at the motor will be lower than using a DC BUS obtained from a 3-phase rectifier.
How will be the behavior of the motor? It will have a reduced torque, reduced speed or what else?
The inverter that I would like to realize is based on Freescale MC3PHAC.

Thanks in advance.
Ciao

we have 2 config for 3-phase system.
one of them produce 310VDC and other 540V.
in the first case, we dont have significant difference.
in the second, when compare, we have lower voltage in 1-phase system, ( 310/540=1/√3=0.58 ),
and we must get about 50Hz/1.7= 29Hz max for normal motor driving.
if frequency go higher than 29Hz, produced turque decreased.

Regards
Davood

Thank you Davood!

Here's exactly what I would like to know! Before starting the developing of this project I have to be sure that I can realize it physically.

So with my configuration (see attachment), I have to use a max supply frequency of 29Hz to have full torque, but at this frequency the motor cannot run at its full speed. To reach this speed I have to deflux the stator, doing this induces a reduction in th produced torque. Am I right?

Thank you again

in this configuration for all frequency below 29Hz (with 220V) you can get maximum torque. but output power (motor shaft power) proporatinal to [ torque * rotation speed].
in the other word output power proporatinal to frequency (at constant torque).
This means, you can get maximum 58% [29/50] maximum output power of motor.

Added after 14 minutes:

Important note:
If you use 3-phase motor which it's normal voltage is 380V in star connection, you can
use that motor with delta configuration at 380V/1.7=220V at full output power.

andreafog

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Davood Amerion said:
Important note:
If you use 3-phase motor which it's normal voltage is 380V in star connection, you can
use that motor with delta configuration at 380V/1.7=220V at full output power.

But in this case to obtain an rms value of 220V at inverter's output I have to use a controlled rectifier bridge? I've forgot almost everything on delta/star connection.

Sorry for bothering you so much :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.