Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3ph DC motor control board damaged with arduino output signal

OK, I hope replacing this diode fixes the problem.
Thanks for the links

The largest of those is 0.28 ohm per coil thus if your acceleration rate is too high, with V/f ratio consider how long you can switch 24V/ 0.28ohm = almost 100 A steady state.
After several periods at slew rate R/L=Tau, something is going to overheat.

So unless you understand this or the root cause of the failure and correct it after repairs, it will likely reoccur.

So unless you understand this or the root cause of the failure and correct it after repairs, it will likely reoccur.
The board works within its own 5V/GND. If I supply the control pins with the board's 5V/GND it will work with no problems at all.

But when I tried to control the pins from the arduino board, the problem happened.

I tested it today, now the board doesn't even work at all.

I will try to know the broken part, but it might not be one of those diodes. Maybe one of the IC controllers and that would be difficult to fix, because one of the ICs doesn't have any model number on it.

I think I have to purchase another one and be careful next time.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back