Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D Extrusion in Eagle Pro pcb layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello My Eagle Pro does not have layers 50, 57 or 58 which I need for 3D extrusion of components to give a 3D appearance. How do I get these layers in there?....if I click for a new layer, the numbers are from 100 upwards.
I am using Eagle Pro 6.5.0

Are you sure Eagle still includes the 3D module? I searched today for it, and all I found was its partnered version with Google SketchUp called EagleUp.

https://eagleup.wordpress.com/

John

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi treez,

I may have misinterpreted Eagle/Element14's current intentions. I downloaded the 3D app when Eagle first came out with it and tinkered with it initially, but I never used it. Recently, when I searched on the Eagle USA site (cadsoftusa.com), the only thing I found was EagleUp. Based on the news release linked above, I concluded that Eagle had quietly and quickly shifted from its original standalone to the SketchUp version and was no longer supporting the original version. The thread you linked to also mentions that support for the original 3D version may be none existent. It would be nice if someone from Element14 or who was an active user of the original version would chime in.

Although SketchUp has its drawbacks compared to a solid modeling program like SolidWorks, I have found it to be easy to use -- once you learn to make mates -- for what I do. Thus, if I needed a 3D representation of a PCB to assess geometry, but not for precise engineering, I would try EagleUp.

John

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
This is the reply I got from cadsoft.....they do appear to have something so id rather just stick to eagle....
Hello,

did you take a look into this customer-driven project?

there is available an ULP that allows to gegerate IDF data.
Please check the following links:

Hope this helps.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
Richard Hammerl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back