Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D electromagnet simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

svhb

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulation of electromagnet

Can anyone recommend a free 3D simulation package for magnetic fields?

I'm playing around a little bit with getdp/gmsh, but I want to know if there is other interesting free software.

Are there any examples available for 3d magnetics in getdp?

Stefaan

www.kraetonics.com

What do you want to simulate?

There is EZNEC for modeling thin wire antennas, MIT Photonic Bands for modeling photonic crystals, and various free codes (usually finite-difference time-domain) available in this discussion group and the internet. I put some free finite-difference frequency-domain codes along with short course notes on the subject at www.kraetonics.com. Click on the courses link.

-Tip

electromagnet simulation

It is for developing an electromagnet. I did some 2D simulations with FEMM, and I want to compare with 3D to see if it matches the real prototype more.

eznec examples

Hmmm... I would go with EZNEC. It is based on the method of moments and I don't know of a more efficient way of modeling a wire-wound inductor. You can download it here:

https://www.eznec.com/

Good luck!
-Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back