Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need verilog code for biphasic waveform generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosechandran

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls help me i need verilog code for biphasic waveform generation

hi,

may be you can think about a DAC ,you just want a simulation or which board are you using?

what is the voltage levels of of required wave?

regards

This forum doesn't function in the way you think.
Tell us about the design scenario. Describe the problems you are facing. What part of a the code you don't understand. Show us what you done!
Members will help you in these aspects.

FNS_waveforms.jpg

FNS_waveforms1.jpg

25ns monopulse generated now i want to convert monopulse to biphasic pulse like the above pulses

Last edited:

To generate biphasic waveform

i want to generate biphasic waveform with pulse 12.5 ns in verilog/vhdl my system clock 50MHz.

Re: To generate biphasic waveform

i want to generate biphasic waveform with pulse 12.5 ns in verilog/vhdl my system clock 50MHz.

you are asking for something that cannot be done with digital logic, at least not as shown in the image. you can't have a signal that takes 3 distinct values. you need multiple bits our some analog circuitry.

also note that controlling delays and offsets is often hard with digital logic. you can only do multiples of the base clock.

Re: To generate biphasic waveform

thank you for ur suggestion i quit searching i try proper coding myself and add some analog circuitary

Hi,

Maybe two digital outputs driving a signal transformer / pulse transformer.
But as long as the signal is not properly specified it's just guessing.
Voltage levels, load current, complete timing, dV/dt....

Klaus

i try proper coding myself and add some analog circuitary

Could this be something like the analog circuitry you refer to? Your desired waveforms are not too different from the spikes which come from a series capacitor, when a DC pulse is applied.

By adding zener diodes back to back, you clamp the waveform's amplitude to whatever voltage you wish, and also make its shape more rectangular.

4294096400_1482394604.png

A simple way to generate this kind of waveforms is a differential push-pull or bridge output stage and a transformer, as used in 10BASE-T transmitter. But the question is rather vague. Do you have an input signal modulating the output, e.g. a bit stream of fixed rate? You didn't give a complete timing specification, where do we see the "25 ns" or "12.5 ns"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back