Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RETGT

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
i am starting with FPGA ALTERA FPGA PROGRAMMER
how to download software of it?

The USB-Blaster drives configuration or programming data from the PC to configure or program Altera devices.
Features:
Support NIOS II communication and debugger
Supported target voltage : 1.8V-5.5V
Support all ALTERA device
CPLD:MAX 3000A、MAX 7000A、MAX 7000B、MAX 7000S、MAX 9000、MAX 9000A and MAX II.
FPGA:Stratix、Stratix II、Stratix GX、Cyclone、Cyclone II、Cyclone III、ACEX 1K、APEX II、APEX 20K、APEX 20KE、APEX 20KC、FLEX 10K、FLEX 10KE、FLEX 10KA、FLEX 6000、FLEX 8000、EPCS1、EPCS4、EPCS16、EPCS64EPC1、EPC4、EPC8、EPC16
Active serial configuration device (EPCS1, EPCS4, EPCS16)
Support:JTAG, AS, PS Mode.
Supports Quartus II SignalTap II Logic Analyzer (for logic analysis)
USB interface with status and Power LED.
Supported Devices:
Stratix® FPGA Series
Cyclone® FPGA Series
MercuryTM Devices
ACEX 1K® Devices
APEXTM II Devices
APEX 20K Devices
APEX 20KE Devices
APEX 20KC Devices
FLEX 10K® Devices
FLEX 10KA Devices
FLEX 10KE Devices
FLEX® 8000 Devices
FLEX 6000 Devices
MAX II Devices
MAX 7000A Devices
MAX 7000B Devices
MAX 7000S Devices
MAX 3000A Devices
ExcaliburTM Devices
Serial Configuration Devices
Enhanced Configuration Devices

Last edited by a moderator:

how to download software of it
Using the internet. Altera.com in particular...

Reactions: RETGT

RETGT

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Yes.
Press: "Select by device" and download the required software version according to the FPGA that you intend to work with.

Reactions: RETGT

RETGT

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think this programmer supports all Altera FPGAs.
The exact software that you'll need to download - depends on the specific FPGA device you will do development on.

how to make simple led blink program in it?
which programming language does it support?

I think you must read and understand the basics first.

https://docs.numato.com/kb/learning-fpga-verilog-beginners-guide-part-1-introduction/
(Although this is a Xilinx based tutorial, but can also be applied for Altera devices in general).

Then study this-
https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/tt/tt_my_first_fpga.pdf

One last advice - Please learn how to use an internet search engine first. Most of the answers you want is easily available via, e.g Google search (I have seen some of your threads in other sub-forums of edaboard and this is my conclusion).

Last edited:

The "Altera Fpga programmer" does not support a programming language it is the hardware interface to the JTAG chain of an Altera device via USB, and requires a hardware driver on your computer.

To use this programmer you need the hardware driver software installed, which is usually installed when installing Quartus. You might be able to install a lab install, (smaller installation foot print), if you just need the driver and access to the JTAG chain for downloading images built on a different system.

Not sure why I'm answering RETGT as they will likely ignored my reply, hopefully someone else finds it useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back