Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] 32 Bit Pic Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

strahd_von_zarovich

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , i am very new to 32Bit Pic Microcontrollers. Where can i find the best guides for learning. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, i bought development board which is Cerebot MX4 cK , and downloaded MPLABX and XC32 compiler. What is Mplab Harmony for ?

If you want to use USB HOTS/DEVICE or such complex peripherals of PIC32 you need a software stack in order to use that particular peripheral. Mchip's harmony provides this required stacks/drivers/libraries/etc for your embedded device.
If you don't have any plans to use complex peripherals, you don't need to download harmony. MPLAB X and XC32 will be enough. Start with UART, SPI or comparatively simple protocols and then move to complex.

All the very best :)

Regards,
Anand.

Thank you very much for the informations :) , last thing i need to know that is there any document i can find about for example what do i have to write to define output port ...

And Does Harmony have simple examples :)

Since harmony deals with complex peripherals(most cases) you may find the program flow a bit hard to understand. Don't forget to change configuration statements and hardware header file according to your board if you are using custom or non-microchip boards (harmony project file).

I strongly recommend you to first start with simple IO operations and peripherals like UART, SPI, I2C, ADC etc. You don't need harmony lib for using these peripherals.

Code:
TRISBbits.RB3 = 0; //Config RB3 as output port
LATBbits.LATB3 = 1; //High ouput

Run a working code sample and learn how the C statements configure registers (check what register it is and its purpose in datasheet). Google the statement if you find it hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.