Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 phase AC filter

Asilver

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,

I am doing a project of power supply having dual inputs 3ph AC and 28VDC (when both inputs are available AC will be preferred) and having 8 isolated outputs (isolation b/w input and output as well as output-output isolation).

My AC input is variable form 50-318 Vrms phase-phase, 50 to 3500 Hz as voltage increases.

i require a filter for my AC input that can work for this frequency range.

Attachments

• BD.PNG
    BD.PNG
    61.6 KB · Views: 31
You need to check STD applicability.
Specifically "CE101, conducted emissions, power leads, 30 Hz to 10 kHz" is assuming a fixed frequency and can't be met by your application. It's effectively impossible to reduce harmonics (5/7, 11/13) without a kind of PFC rectifier. However CE101 only applies for some 461 E application Ranges, see table V. According to your frequency spec, harmonics also fall into CE102 range.

Screenshot_20240412_074609_Dropbox.jpg

This is a modular design, i'm using DC-DC converter modules for my system. Those modules its provide EMI protection but at the input i need a basic filter section.

A basic conducted emission filter designed for 150 kHz - 30 MHz range can be used. Capacitor values must be limited according to higher fundamental frequency.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: