Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2nd order Delta Sigma Modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debdut

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am creating a second order delta sigma modulator for a fractional n pll.
First I created the first order one. It worked ok when I removed the output flip flop that had to act as a comparator. Of course there's some sort of comparator glue logic. However it is combinational circuit. I wrote a code in matlab and it worked fine, designed the circuit in cadence and it worked fine. The comparator is showing repetitive output bit patterns that have an average value equal to the input, which is expected.

Now the main problem comes. When it comes to second order DSM, it is supposed to break the periodicity of the comparator output while still giving an average equal to the input.
I wrote the code for the following circuit in matlab, also I did some hand calculations for the following circuit. It is giving the correct average value. However there's still periodicity!!!!!!

Please help!!!!!!!:shock:
I am hesitating to implementing it in cadence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back