Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2D graphene simulation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frequency1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem with the simulation of graphene "using CST microwave studio" .
graphene is a 2D material and I used the popular approximation of 3D graphene method with a very thin thickness about 1 nm then calculate the relative permittivity εr = 1111.png .
I defined a new material "graphene" by inserted the calculated relative permittivity values in cst.The above step completed without any problem.
Simulation of very thin "1 nm graphene layer" require very high mesh resolution settings . When I increased local mesh resolution " for graphene component " ,cst will be crashed " due to the need of huge ram memory". I wonder about the appropriate mesh settings to simulate graphene structures by cst . Does anyone have an experience with above-mentioned problem?.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, Frequency1,

I think the formula you used is wrong. It will give a complex permittivity, where did you find this equation? Did you enter complex permittivity in CST?

I have a problem with the simulation of graphene "using CST microwave studio" .

hi, i am not sure if this is the correct way, but here is how i did it.

make an object of 0 thickness, then objects->pick->pickface

select a face, then objects->face healing tools->shape from picked faces->select graphene material

delete object of 0 thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back