Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2bit programmer ([url]www.emicros.com[/url]) for PIC 16F87X ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazarocamargo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16f87x datasheet

I built the 2bit programmer (www.emicros.com) but I didn´t have sucess to programmer a PIC 16F877.

If somebody has built this programmer, please, send tips...

Thanks

Lazaro

Re: 2bit programmer (www.emicros.com) for PIC 16F87X ???

hi

i have download the file from the link which you have given i noticed that
some kind of jitter in side the exe its not working propely.

my advice is that download the latest version of ic-rog and used jdm 2002 hardware with it which can be found in the forum under hobby and small circuit

it's best programmer and i have no problem with it

Pay attention wit Low voltage Programming.
To allow you the Low voltage Programming The PIC must have the LVP flag burnt. Normally Pics are sold with this flag not enabled (see programming spec for the 87x)....so if you have a pic with this flag not enabled you must burn LVP with a +13V programming and after you can program that device with low voltage!

mrm said:
Pay attention wit Low voltage Programming.
To allow you the Low voltage Programming The PIC must have the LVP flag burnt. Normally Pics are sold with this flag not enabled (see programming spec for the 87x)....so if you have a pic with this flag not enabled you must burn LVP with a +13V programming and after you can program that device with low voltage!

Sorry, but that's wrong. Take a look @ the datasheet (Special Features of the CPU): Low voltage programming is enabled if the appropriate bit of the configuration word (Bit 7: LVP) is SET. In a new or erased PIC all of these bits are set, so LVP is enabled ! Clear Bit 7 (program to 0) to use RB3 as IO (only possible in a HV programmer). Once done high voltage must be used for programming until Bit 7 is erased in a HV programmer.

Note for lazarocamargo:
if there's a crystal or resonator connected to the PIC try to short-circuit OSC1 and OSC2 during programming. The Oscillator MUST NOT run !

Mik

Two notes:
-Microchip's field engineers assured me that there are PIC with LVP unprogrammed from the factory.
-Oscillator can Run during programming, but the rising time between the RESET condition and the Prog Condition must susbstand the 72Tck requirement as in the Hi Voltage Programming.

Yes LVP is factory enabled, but a special feature of these PICs allow to burn them with HVP !
the image is from the 16F87x datasheet :

Status
Not open for further replies.