Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Temperature measurement at: 120-165 °C

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

you need to use PT1000 (easier as PT100)
or themocouple type K.
and an amplifier..to get a voltage ouput of 0.. 5v
or 4-20mA on R=250 ohms

The LM35 has a specification up to 150°C. And if you take a look at the curves in the datasheet, it shows graceful degradation beyond 150°.

I think you should be OK.

Reactions: laos

laos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I know. But I talked with the user. They says they will use around 100-125 C. But they want the capacity up to 150 degree C. I think it should work.

Having trouble with LM35. Its has melted!!! I think I've to use PT100. But the link you posted is not clear for calculation. I also trying from this: https://www.picotech.com/applications/pt100.html.

But I'm confused about how to measure. Its just a tiny change in resistance there. Should I use any Op-Amp to multiply by 10?

hello,

yes you have to use constant current generator or a bridge to use Pt100.
You can also use PT1000 ( 10 times PT100) to avoid problem (less problem) wuth the length of cable.

View attachment Pt100_docu.pdf
you can see Instrumentation AOP or normal AOP to use Pt100 (Pt1000) in a bridge.
There is also some industrial converter to convert Pt100 to 4-20mA ..into R=250 gives 1-5V (cost is less than 80€ .. xx$)

what accuracy do you need ?
if not so critical you can use this example (schematic) with a classic Ampli OP ( used for hetaer control)
and adapt the range . REGUL_16F628_RTC_PT100_IR_schema_031102.jpg

Woo hoo. That is the formula for +ve temperatures. :grin:

Tell me the range of temp you are measuring. I will write the code. Post your project files.

:D I was fool. Tried to measure the temp using just voltage divider like: This. Just replacing the thermistor by PT100. But when the wrong data comes out I was confused. Still now I'm trying to do that calculation like a fool. But I'm looking for a simple solution...

tell us what is the range of measurement ?
what accuracy do you need ?
so, maybe you can use a simple solution : a quasi-linear response formula type y =ax+b easy to code in C
Delta is less than 2% in the range 0 to 180°C

or more precise :with a polynome formula.

don't forget, Pt100 itself has a accuracy domain.. depending of the class A, B or C
model A for the best accuracy, but also more expensive cost.
also, what length of cable beetween sensor and electronic conditionner input ?

I need to measure in range 100-165°C. Need not so much accurate but not more than 5% tolerance. I tried with the code I posted. PT100.png

I found the relation that the voltage is changed as 1.4mV/°C. Depending on this I tried to calculate the voltage from the divider and then convert it to temperature dividing by 1.4mV. Unfortunately it shows data that is not accurate:-(.

Now suggest me what the way I can do a clean measurement?

Status
Not open for further replies.