Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conversion of PCB file to PDF format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends,

I am an electronics hobbyist. For various test purpose I have to design my own PCB. I use DesignSpark PCB. I like to convert the PCB file to PDF format for which provision is there in print command. It is possible to convert the same to PDF format. But when the PCB is printed from PDF format, the size does not remain same. I shall be grateful if any friend tell the process of converting PCB file to PDF format which will be as per actual size (When printed from PDF format).

regards

swapan

I don't use DesignSpark PCB, but the problem with pdf printing is generally to understand the automatic and manual scaling options of the pdf printer driver and the involved pdf viewer, e.g. Acrobat Reader. Speaking generally, there's always an option to get the final printout scaled correctly. A possible problem might arise with sloppy scaling of your printer. In this case, it can be necessary to determine a correction factor that has to be applied.

Use scaling factor 1:1
done use fit to page options..

Although this is an old post I use DesignSpark PCB V5 primarily for its unlimited restrictions and have found the best option for printing to PDF files is to use a Windows PDF printer driver. CutePDF and many others work well, producing accurate files provided you have the setting correct as posted by sivamani above.

The external PDF printers also don't suffer from the drill holes being covered by 'thick' tracks as does the internal PDF generator. Very useful for quick prototypes and home made boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back