Not open for further replies.

dragonfury

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Can anyone share some parameters involved in 250nm BiCMOS process.Such as Vt0 , Cgd, Cgb, Cds etc of the NMOS and PMOS structure.

Find here published corresponding values for a 250nm process. Even if these values are derived from a pure bulk CMOS process, they won't be far from those of a BiCMOS process.

Find here published corresponding values for a 250nm process. Even if these values are derived from a pure bulk CMOS process, they won't be far from those of a BiCMOS process.

your reply was helpful.I was wondering what is the LAMBDA: channel-length modulation coefficient (1/V) in the MOSIS parameters?
Regards

... what is the LAMBDA: channel-length modulation coefficient (1/V) in the MOSIS parameters?
Possibly, but I can't imagine why they'd use it in this context.

In Level 1 MOS models LAMBDA was the CLM coefficient (1/Early_voltage), but as CLM calculation has become much more complex, a lot more parameters had to be used for the calculation of CLM and similar effects on Vth & IDS, like velocity saturation, VFMR & DIBL. In BSIM4 (Level 49 & 54) models the LAMBDA parameter has quite a different meaning (velocity overshoot coefficient).

You'd better ask MOSIS themselves for the LAMBDA meaning.

In this MOSIS document lambda "SCN5M_DEEP (lambda=0.12) ... SCN6M_SUBM (lambda=0.15)" refers to something like design grid, it's in micrometers and there is no relation to "lambda" as channel length modulation effect.

For this BSIM3 model, channel-length modulation coefficient should be PCLM parameter.

Reactions: erikl

erikl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
the PCLM = 1.6166621 for 250 nm CMOS.isnt it large?

To be honest, I don't know exact relationship of PCLM coef to basic mosfet equation lambda param. You should do research in bsim3 docs for more detailed eplanation: **broken link removed**

During studies I made lambda parameter extraction from bsim3 model, I believe you can find some instructions for extraction with googles

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…