Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in connecting PICKIT 3 and Explorer 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicki2008

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I program through PICKIT 3 into Explorer 16, the following error message is shown:
PK3Err0045: You must connect to a target device to use PICkit
Target Device ID (00000000) does not match expected Device
ID (410e0000).

However, when I program through PICKIT 3 into PIC24F, it runs smoothly. Hope all of you could give me some suggestion in this problem

The 6 pin socket on my Explorer16 is marked "PICKIT2" with pin 1 at the top.

To program using PK2 I have to connect pin 1 at the bottom. i.e. the label on MY board is wrong.

I do not know if your board has the same problem, but you might want to flip your PK3 180 degrees with pin 1 at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: I have connected PK2 back-to-front many times without causing damage, but that said, if reversing your PK3 blows up your PK3 or your Explorer16, I will not be compensating you in any way. Do so at your own risk.

If you are feeling cautious, raise a ticket with Microchip, who can give professional advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.