Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Database records lost between 1.00AM to 10.00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulson

ssssss
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Welcome,

Today someone hacked edaboard.com at 9.30PM. They changed layout and some records in the database. Because it need some time to check what they changed, the best and the safest idea is restore backup database from 1.00AM. Really sorry for problems, I can't understand why they did it. Bug in VBSEO system has been found and fixed. We are safe right now.

I wondered where my pictures had gone.

Good work Gulson, thanks for the heads-up.

Hope the hacker's PC electrocutes him.

I wonder, if it's possible to restore at least part the lost posts from the backup, with a respective notice? I fear, otherwise the active threads with missing posts must be considered as broken and difficult to resume.

I hope that i saw , those bad humans ( they are not humans!) in the hell !!!!!!! i'm angry from them . some of my posts are deleted and some of replies to my posts are deleted .
By the way , i wish worst things for them .
:-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-(

That is interesting. On February 20th in the AM Eastern USA time, I believe, I was responding to a post. When I clicked post, my PC seemed to hang and I got this message that said closed for maintenance:

100_1326714844.jpg

As of this morning (23.02.12) I was getting the same message, so I went to Google to search on "EDABoard down." Some links showed the Maintenance sign, and some let me back on the forum.

It may have something to do with a permissions thing on my PC, which I will try to fix. However, it may be more general in nature, which is why this comment.

John

Edit: Tested again, and this link works:
This link does not: https://www.edaboard.com

Last edited by a moderator:

I fixed it. Since the problem was unique to this forum, I thought there might be a connection -- like some fixes that didn't work with all browsers. I use Chrome, and it is not that unusual to find sites that work with IE but not Chrome or some other browsers. John

Very important!
Jurassic Sec has published a list of 500.000 records from edaboard database (username, e-mail, MD5)! You should warn users to change their passwords!

I heard about this situation today. All passwords have a special salt so it's not very easy to decode. However I will make special modification to force change password in one-two days.
Because this has been done by polish hackers and edaboard is located in Poland it will be very easy to locate them and of course on Monday I will inform Polish Police about this situation. Right now edaboard is safe and secure, they used exploit described here: FAQ's on the Rogue Plugins Exploit (1/23 vBSEO Patch Release) - vBulletin SEO Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.