Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 bit to hdmi converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

momossim

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't know where to put that question so I ask it here.
I have a display/screen with a 24-bit output and a arduino vidor 4000 so my question is if it's possible to connect the two components.

The display/screen link (in french, the datasheet is in english):
fr.rs-online.com/web/p/ecrans-tftlcd/2383908

The vidor 4000 link:
store.arduino.cc/products/arduino-mkr-vidor-4000

Hi,

I don´t understand:
I have a display/screen with a 24-bit output
shouldn´t it be an input?

If so, what voltage levels? TTL, LVDS?
Resolution?
Frame rate?

Are you looking for a "HDMI to parallel" or "HDMI to RGB" converter?

Please, is you post a link, then either the complete link including "http...." or using the [insert link] button.

Klaus

Hi,

I don´t understand:

shouldn´t it be an input?

If so, what voltage levels? TTL, LVDS?
Resolution?
Frame rate?

Are you looking for a "HDMI to parallel" or "HDMI to RGB" converter?

Please, is you post a link, then either the complete link including "http...." or using the [insert link] button.

Klaus
Hey,

you're right, it's an input with a 3.3v input with a built-in power supply circuit (according to the datasheet).
I understand why you don't understand (if it's clear) but i dont see any other cable for power supply.
All of my data is from the datasheet. I salvaged the display from an old printer and it was functioning with just the ribbon-thing cale connected.

Looking at the data sheet you referenced, in Section 7 there is an 'Interface Pin Assignment' section - check out pins 3 and 4. The way I read it, those are the power supply lines to the display.
What other power supply cable are you expecting?
Susan

Looking at the data sheet you referenced, in Section 7 there is an 'Interface Pin Assignment' section - check out pins 3 and 4. The way I read it, those are the power supply lines to the display.
What other power supply cable are you expecting?
Susan
oh yeah, I read it the same way.
thank you but now i hve the instructions to how to power it and where, but i don't know how to send signals to the display

Status
Not open for further replies.