Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming micro-controller using serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitincool01

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to field of Hardware, so i have some doubts..

I want to know, is it possible to download Hex files to micro-controller using serial port with some serial communication utilities like flash magic or Flip.

I have connected TxD and Rxd pins of micro-controller to RS232 level converter and from the level converter i have connected serial connector..

Hoping for help.

Thanks,
Nitin

Hi Nandhu,

Greetings !
Thanks for your co-operation.

Am using atmel 89c51.

at89c51 cant be programmed with serial port.

please dont mind, i have one more simple question..

does these AVRs ship with bootloader programmed.. if not can u let me know how to do it..

Coz i dont have any hardware programmer with me.

thanks,
nitin

AVRs don't have any bootloader, so have to write bootloader by yourself. Please take a look at the link i posted before. or you can make a very simple ISP cable from AEC, download the program and you will see the schematic. It doesn't use any chip www.aec-electronics.co.nz. Because that software doesn't support AVRs, use SPIProg, ISP Programmer | Adam's Site, and configure it as AEC, and now you can download your bootloader.

AVRs don't have any bootloader, so have to write bootloader by yourself. Please take a look at the link i posted before. or you can make a very simple ISP cable from AEC, download the program and you will see the schematic. It doesn't use any chip AEC Electronics. Because that software doesn't support AVRs, use SPIProg, ISP Programmer | Adam's Site, and configure it as AEC, and now you can download your bootloader.

thanks a lot
i will check and come back..

Thanks,
Nitin

Use p89v51rd2 microcontroller from NXP.IT has bootloader already installed.for any help write me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

MOD:

WARNING: NO PRIVATE SHARING..

READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back