Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D TV Viewing exprience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aman Varma

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Heard a lot about IPS technology in latest 3D TVs that improves your viewing angles. I am going to purchase one so as to enjoy wide viewing angles and a flicker free image quality.?

Hi;
Passive glasses 3D TVs viewing angle is better by means of horizontal positioning. Means you can sit at sides of TV set. But another important point is vertical viewing angle (your head position while you are sitting at the front of TV). This may be limited for some models. And if your head position is not within the specified region 3D picture quality deteriorates.
So i advise you to check it at demo points in market places.
See also this;
Cinema 3D vertical viewing angle | AVForums.com - UK Online
Good luck

As said in post #2, get some demo in the market for available models. And the most concern on 3D TV is the vertical viewing angle. It affects most on the view and may give you different quality of view on different models, so it all depends upon your own liking (as it differs from viewer to viewer).
Good Luck.

Phew, thats some information about 3D TV, after reading this thread, i feel as if i know everything about 3D TVs . Jk lol

The new 3D TVs are so very awesome. I have bought a 3D TV some seven months back, but now i want to change it to a new and a better one. This will help me lot for change.

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Polarised glasses are a blessing in disguise. These glasses are so very light and i can even wear them over my spectacles and experience 3D graphics. Great work. Another problem solved.

Dear friends;
What is your idea about active and passive glasses 3D TVs in market?
According to investigations, currently active glass type 3D TVs has bigger market shares.
**broken link removed**

Two big Korean company are at the opposite sides of the contest.
Which one will emerge from the competition?
Active (Shutter) type or passive (FPR) type? Ideas?

Now I am clear High brightness is an added advantage. It improves overall performance of a 3D TV.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Light polarised glasses are used with the modern FPR technology. Polarised glasses are much cheaper and are battery less. I would suggest you to buy a new 3DTV with FPR technology.

I am happy with my light weight FPR glasses. These glasses are cheaper and are easy to use. The best thing is that you do not have to compromise on your 3D experience.

Does the high brightness caused due to the IPS technology have any ill effect on the viewr?

No, the IPS technology reduces the contrast and increases the brightness. this does not cause any ill effect on the eyes because of the perfect balance that is set by the IPS technology.

My brother has a habit of sitting very close to my 3D TV. He gets headaches and nausea attacks. Does sitting close to the 3D TV causes such problems?

My brother has a habit of sitting very close to my 3D TV. He gets headaches and nausea attacks. Does sitting close to the 3D TV causes such problems?

It is not safe to sit close to any TV, but the cause of your problem might be different. The heavy 3D glasses can also be held responsible for headaches and nausea. These heavy glasses cause mental stress. The fact that these glasses are mechanical might also be the cause of your problem. Use light weight FPR glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.