Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220 V matrix control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medtronic

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All my friends

i need to design a 8X8 led matrix ... no problem with the theory or the software ... but how can i control the 8x8 matrix for 220 v output .... i need to control the 220 v for out the row and the col to access one out for a moment ....

please advice as soon as possible

Best Regards

MedTronic

Why not DC? What power level?

For AC you need isolated drivers to a ZCS Triac or std Triac.
To select each , you need an 8x8 DEMUX.

Options include opto isolators . or pulse transformers.

are these dimmable? Programmable?

thanks for your replay ....

No dim .... no programmable ..... and let it a 220 V dc ... please give me a schematic for your options

thanks very much

where are you my friends

please advice

waiting for your help

It would help if you'll explain why it is important to run the project at 220V.

A few volts is sufficient to power LED's and devices to switch them.

dear my friend
my leds are connected in series .... it sold as it is ... and run at 220 v ac with and without bridge rectifier ... please help

dear my friend
my leds are connected in series .... it sold as it is ... and run at 220 v ac with and without bridge rectifier ... please help

Wait you're saying the LEDs are in series?

can't make a 8x8 matrix with series LEDs...current through 1 LED is the same current that is flowing through all of them. Can't individually turn them on an off in a series arrangement.
An 8x8 matrix has to be built something like this

dear my friend

i mean one channel is 220v and the leds connected in series all at one channel ..... can i explain right now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.