Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me. . .which zigbee is cheap and best

Status
Not open for further replies.

gane26

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which zigbee is cheap and best from below,

1) Ember EM351/EM357
2) XBee™ ZNet 2.5/XBee-PRO™ ZNet 2.5
3) ETRX35x module

The choice largely depends on your final application.

If you want a basic serial cable replace, a pair of endpoints transmitting and receiving data between themselves wirelessly, then an XBee Series 1 or XBee Pro Series 1 are the easiest to implement. All you have to do is code your app for USART asynchronous serial communication and use the XBees instead of a cable.

By the way, the XBee Series 2.5 is now simply XBee Series 2. The XBee Series 2 is used primarily when a mesh network is needed.

BigDog

which zigbee is cheap and best from below,

1) Ember EM351/EM357
2) XBee™ ZNet 2.5/XBee-PRO™ ZNet 2.5
3) ETRX35x module

the project is wireless building automation

Are you interested in a special profile (like let's say ZigBee Building Automation), or a simple ZigBee Pro stack will do? If you are interested in a special profile, then check out if your selection includes this profile.

Reactions: gane26

gane26

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
My project is wireless Home automation: now i want to use zigbee coordinator to receive 5 nodes(sensors or any input) by using pic, just to on/off the sensors like 0/1..now what ckt i want to follow.. which zigbee is cheap and best. . .

Last edited:

You can access zigbee through uart (tx and rx). Connections to Tx and Rx pin is enough for zigbee.

gane26

how can the zigbee coordinator receive 5 nodes(sensors or any input) by using pic. . .5 nodes means 5 different zigbee receiver...

gane26 said:
how can the zigbee coordinator receive 5 nodes(sensors or any input) by using pic. . .5 nodes means 5 different zigbee receiver...

Reading your question strictly, then the ZigBee Spec gives the answer. A start network request is sent by a node, and is waiting for approval to join the network. This must be done 5 times for 5 nodes.
From then things are not so tough, since 5 nodes means that your nodes can send for example 1 time per 10 seconds (1 message per 2 seconds in total), network traffic is really small in this way.

i'm using TG-ETRX35X-PM-010-103 zigbee, i need circuit diagram/block diagram for interfacing zigbee with pic16f887, using one coordinator with 5 nodes(sensors). .. help me

I haven't used TG-ETRX35X-PM-010-103, but since there is an embedded antenna involved, it looks like you could just give supply to the module and start working with it. However there is a development kit which includes this module, you can find the schematics at the end of the pdf.

**broken link removed**

You could buy this kit, or you can make a board of your own, by duplicating your board's IO with the original kit's IO.

Hope that helped.
Alex

gane26

You will be needing a mesh ZigBee network due to the number of nodes. There are three components of a ZigBee mesh network: coordinator, router and end device. The following PDF details an example using a Silicon Labs 8051 variant the C8051F121 with a Chipcon CC2420 2.4GHz ZigBee transceiver, the network topology discussed is easily adaptable to your own requirements.

The following details a multinode ZigBee mesh implementation with RFIDs and endpoints, but the topology is the adaptable to your project.

ZigBee-Enabled RFID Reader Network

I do not have any personal experience with the ETRX35X device, therefore I unable to give specific details concerning the interface and coding requirements to implement your design. However, the devices datasheet indicates it uses an AT style command set similar to the ZigBee XBee Series 2 module and are explained in the following:

**broken link removed**

The ETRX35X sports an ARM Cortex processor with several available digital I/O and 12-bit ADCs. So depending on your end device requirements you may not need the PIC as well.

Hope the info helps in your endeavors

gane26

Re: Help me. . .any 2.4ghz zigbee wireless building automation

i need any 2.4ghz zigbee wireless building automation project circuit for reference...help me

these zigbee comes with serial port (UART) interface...So you need to interface the zigbee module with controller using UART and send or receive the data, once the configuration is done...

Re: Help me. . .any 2.4ghz zigbee wireless building automation

check this for the zigbee modules i referred........

Attachments

• XBee-2.5-Manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • XBee-Datasheet.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 119

There are a couple of fairly good books on the subject of ZigBee mesh networks.

The basics and use of onboard digital I/O and ADCs:

Building Wireless Sensor Networks: with ZigBee, XBee, Arduino, and Processing

Details the implementation of a multinode ZigBee mesh network:

Zigbee Wireless Networking

Details the ZigBee Protocols:

ZigBee Wireless Networks and Transceivers

What are your design's End Device tasks, relay control, temperature monitoring, etc?

As I mentioned you may not need an additional MCU at the End Device.

BigDog

there is any existing/related/different project circuits for zigbee. . .

Last edited:

gane26 said:
there is any existing/related/different project circuits for zigbee. . .

Well I am using Atmel's Bitcloud Pro stack using ZigBit Modules.

Atmel Corporation - MCU Wireless -

There is a way to use these modules without a single line of embedded ZigBee code, but just using serial net, that is AT commands through serial port. So you can use a PIC or whatever MCU you like to send/receive commands to/from the module.

Alex

Any idea for ETRX351 and ETRX357 & xbee 2- zigbee UART interface to 1 coordinator and 5 nodes??? plz tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.