Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2000.05 to 2002.05? did synopsis change much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepIC

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2000.05 to 2002.05?

hi,all,

did synopsis change much in DC/PT commands between 2000.05 and
2001.08?
IF just do some DC/PT exercise and not do real chip, is it necessary to
upgrade to 2001.08 or 2002.05?
Because most of daily work is on NT, i feel inconvenience to change to
Linux platform.

deepic

not Much. The new reader call presto now is the documented verilog reader. And u can use presto via enable undocumented variable too in 2000.05.
This will change a lot in run time performance and area. And the new reader support the verilog 2000 and mixed non-block block assginment. But its history is not long enough as for the old reader in silicon proven. I still use the old reader here. The library format and parser show a little difference. I encounter one problem in compiling io library . The 2000.05 can not accept the inout direction claim in power pad.
U had better to watch out the release of service pack. Otherwise u could use the new beta release software to take high risk on ur chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back