Not open for further replies.

Ralmslb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have seen some posts about up and down counter but not what I was looking for.

I don't know much about electronics, so i'm a truly beginner.

I was looking for a schematic of a Up and Down counter with reset button and that could be presettable in the inside (with switches for example).
The main idea is a gadget to use with a card game, using the counter to count life, so starting at 20 for example, and using a 2 digit common cathode display and 3 buttons (count Up, count Down and Reset).
So when you press up it adds 1 to the value in the display, and when you press down it subtracts 1 to the value in the display. And when you press reset it goes back to preset value.

Something cheap and small.

Thanks for the help.

Ralm.

I don't have a specific suggestion but if you'll use the search terms "increment", "decrement" and "counter" you may have some results. This could be easily implemented with a microcontroller so consider posting in that category.

a 8051 or a Pic microcontroller will solve ur problem.Use a 2 dimensional arrray for the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…