Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clock reconvergence pessimism removal (CRPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balavinayagam

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all !!

what is CRPR?
I have a basic doubt of why CRPR is done...It is a problem in On Chip variation (OCV) where we take two different corners (i,e fast and slow path delays)
actually this can be a true scenario right?? why do we need to remove it?

and what do they mean by reconvergence

Pls clr my doubts

Thanks in advance

There should be a lot of documents regarding CRPR at Solve-it.
For short, when you run PT with OCV, it creates the worst case scenario, like analyzing setup timing using slow corner for lanunching clock path, and fast corner for capturing clock path. The issue is these clock paths share the common path way upstream of the clock trees and OCV applies the different delay for those clock buffers on the common path. In reality, it is not possible that a single instance has both of slow and fast corner characteristics and CRPR forces those cells common to both of launch and capture clock path to use the same delay.

Is CRPR same as CPPR(common path pessimism removal)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back