Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18...36/24 Power Supply designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pzq

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sami conductor

Dear members,

I'd like to design professional type DC-DC power supply requirements as
follows:
Input: 18...36 Vdc
Output: 18....24 Vdc @ 170W
Design shall be realized without Boost partion i.e.
under 24 V input, the output follows the input (23in = 23out, 18in = 18out etc.)...and over the 24 V input ,the output will be reagulated to be 24 V.
This could be realized with e.g. Buck regulator with PMOS top-fet i.e. could get almost 100% duty cycle....or by Formard Converter topology.
Problem with PMOS top-fet is high losses i.e. difficult to find such kind PMOS with small thermal loss.
Please help me if somebody has some experience this sort of problem?! Thanks!

you can use N-mos instead of the P-mos.
But the gate driving circuits will be complex.
And you can use some special driving IC or drivng transformer to drive the high side N-mos in Buck regulator.
So the high efficiency can be obtained.

Re: 18...36/24 Power Supply

hello
i think this is not possible to get 18V in and exact 18V out through any sami conductor(tr IC etc)
you can use N type MOSFET for this purpose

Noman

Re: 18...36/24 Power Supply

Instead of an P-type mosfet in the high side you can use a N-type mosfet in the low side. Then high side goes straigth from input to output.
this type does not require a special gate supply voltage.

aOxOmOx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back