Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 16F628A Programmer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korawy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

i have WinPic800 for programming the 16F628A PIC.. But i have a problem when loading hex file it says "Invalid Address for the selected device Continue and truncate Data?".
I thought that the problem is in the pic, but when i disable the programmer from the computer, it says the same message.
I thought that the problem is in the program, but i make an empty program ( void main(){} ) and compile it then loading the hex file to WinPic800, it still says the same message.
It works well with 18F452 but not with 16f628a.

Could anyone tell me what's the wrong thing here?

Thanks in advance,,,

hi all

i have WinPic800 for programming the 16F628A PIC.. But i have a problem when loading hex file it says "Invalid Address for the selected device Continue and truncate Data?".
I thought that the problem is in the pic, but when i disable the programmer from the computer, it says the same message.
I thought that the problem is in the program, but i make an empty program ( void main(){} ) and compile it then loading the hex file to WinPic800, it still says the same message.
It works well with 18F452 but not with 16f628a.

Could anyone tell me what's the wrong thing here?

Thanks in advance,,,
I use pikit2 programmer and when I want to import wrong hex file, give that error, but totally I can advice you this test methods :
1- change your PIC maybe your PIC has burnt.
2- check that your hex file is compatible with PIC part number that you have select it the programmer
3- read the programmer catalog, carefully maybe your programmer don't support that PIC

WinPic800 will support 16F628A. so I dont think programmer device supporting will be a problem.

Check all H/W and S/W setting once (and try with few different setting whichever u doubt)
Try to download WinPic800 from net fresh copy (or latest copy). May be ur WinPic800 got corrupted. or try with some other PC.

Not likey with this chip but remember that pickit programmers can have their firmware updated to add chips
I dont know how often they update it though.

Thanks all for quick replies...

I think i fix that, I downloaded another programmer software which is PICPgm Programmer, and it worked well.
Now i have another Problem with RF module, i will post it in another thread.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.