Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16-QAM design in xilinx System generator in SIMULINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtcx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16-QAM

Hi friends!, I am involved with software defined radio project. hence i need to design the FPGA with all possible modulation esp for students study purpose. Now that i have seen many websites for a proper knowledge of how to design 16-QAM or 32-QAM, but i couldn't find such detailed diagram or atleast block diagram anywhere in the internet :cry: Well!, I have referred some books and finally was able to design 4-QAM successfully. Now how do I change this 4-QAM to 16-QAM or 32-QAM?. When i referred some book, both 8-QAM and 16-QAM employs same 2 to 4 level convertor only. It appears tat the major difference is bit rate and in 8-qam we split the input bits to 3( I, Q, C) and use C as common for I and Q channel encoding.... Whereas in 16-qam we split input bits as 4(I, I', Q, Q') and use I I' and Q Q'. Other than this the rest of the hardware doesn't change. What does this mean?. Is this the only difference between 8_QAM and 16_QAM?....Is my approach correct?. And what about 32-QAM?...5-bits extraction and 3 to 8 Level ?....Could someone clarify my doubt?. Im using xilinx System generator in SIMULINK - MATLAB for this project. I couldn't find much help in internet searches. Some experts here could help me....Thank you

Thanks farhada....But those links didn't provide any methods about designing..Simply they were some paper presentations....If you could find some block diagrams related to 4-QAM, 8,16-QAM etc, do send a link.....thannks

Hello everyone, I am new in Using the sytem generator. I would like to start by designing 4 QAM using the system generator. Can anybody help please?

Hi friends even i am building OFDM using system genrator .While doing so i have stuck in deeloping 16 bit QAM...Please guys, help me out of this.Can anyone help me in building 16 bit QAM using xilinx system generator blocks?...
bye....

Hello everyone, I am new in Using the sytem generator. I would like to start by designing 4 QAM using the system generator. Can anybody help please?

Hello if you have completed system generator block for QAM can you just share it with me at <chethushines@gmail.com>..?? Please help the needfull..
Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Hi friends even i am building OFDM using system genrator .While doing so i have stuck in deeloping 16 bit QAM...Please guys, help me out of this.Can anyone help me in building 16 bit QAM using xilinx system generator blocks?...
bye....

Hello if you have completed system generator block for 16bit QAM for OFDM,can you just share it with me at <chethushines@gmail.com>..?? Please help the needfull..
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.