Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1500 watts inverter for the domestic purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiliba

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
due to the problem of electricity in my country(Tanzania) i wish to invest my brain in designing a portable 1500watts inverter so as to minimize the torture i am getting from the electricity problem,simply no reliable electricty, I wish to make it as a big project up to village area, i welcome engineers,technologiests,hobbists to air out their potential ideas on this remarkable challenge in the development.

Hi,
Since you want it to be portable, you must use SMPS technology. You have to switch 4 sets of MOSFETs in full-bridge configuration at high frequency and use a ferrite transformer for stepping up the voltage and then convert this to DC. Then you must switch 4 more sets of MOSFETs/IGBTs at 50/60Hz to convert the high voltage DC to AC. You can use quasi-sine output and for pure sine wave, it would be best to use microcontroller and SPWM.

Do you want just an inverter or battery charger as well? I think you'll need battery charger. So, design a charger based on full-bridge configuration controlled by a PWM chip and again using ferrite transformer. You should implement current/voltage limiting to avoid damage to the battery and you have to set charging current depending on your desired charging time.

Then you need protection schemes such as low-battery protection, overload/short-circuit protection, etc.

These are just the basics. You will need a lot of effort from here on in to finish your project. Research on each of the sections to gain more idea. You need to have a good background of electronics to catch on.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: shiliba

shiliba

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor