Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

15 pin to RS232 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a2s3d4f

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I need to covert the 15 pin cable to 9 pin cable, however, i do not find a layout pin name for the 15 pin (so i can match the pin with 9 pin). I am wondering you guy know the pin layout for the 15 pin connector. I search online it seem that the cable cannot be match. for example, the cable for 15 pin don't have RXD or TXD signal. I am wondering it is possible to do such conversion. can you guy point me a ways.

thank you

I have nver meet DB15 connector for RS-232.
I think it is not a standard connector.
The standard one that I know is DB-9 and DB-25.

Anyway, see the attached link. It will help you to meet any connector that you may need. Maybe you will find your desire.

https://pinouts.ru/pin_SerialPorts.shtml

thanks for all the reply.

I will make the cable according the information that you guy give me to see the two devices that i have can communicate with each other.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.