Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

13.56 Mhz Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

roohipatala1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi I need to make a 13.56Mhz power supply with about 1000 V - 2000 V output voltage

I used a crystal and produced 2 Vp-p but low current
and consider to use
https://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF189027

for power amplifying

Problem:

but now I need a pre-Amplifier to amplify my first produced signal (2 Vp-p) to a stronger signal to fed Steval-tdr004v1

what circuit should use to this purpose ?

hi I need to make a 13.56Mhz power supply with about 1000 V - 2000 V output voltage....

can you give more on what is "13.56Mhz power supply"?
and 1000v-2000v ? where it is reqd ?

hi I need to make a 13.56Mhz power supply with about 1000 V - 2000 V output voltage

I used a crystal and produced 2 Vp-p but low current
and consider to use
https://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF189027

for power amplifying

Problem:

but now I need a pre-Amplifier to amplify my first produced signal (2 Vp-p) to a stronger signal to fed Steval-tdr004v1

what circuit should use to this purpose ?

As an engineer you should specify load impedance, otherwise your
2V p-p as well as 1000-2000 V make no sense

A brief elaboration required for your problem. The application of it will be useful to get a fair idea so please provide that. Why 13.56Mhz? Any specific reason?

thanks for your attention

can you give more on what is "13.56Mhz power supply"?
and 1000v-2000v ? where it is reqd ?

It use in Plasma technology
They use a 10-70 kHz power supply with Voltage range 20KV-30KV
But If use 13.56 Mhz frequency, the output voltage can be at range 1-2 KV

As an engineer you should specify load impedance, otherwise your
2V p-p as well as 1000-2000 V make no sense

the load is 50 Ohm

I need a 2KV peak to peak Voltage at 13.56 frequency

- - - Updated - - -

A brief elaboration required for your problem. The application of it will be useful to get a fair idea so please provide that. Why 13.56Mhz? Any specific reason?
It use in producing Plasma
what I know is in this frequency , the produced Plasma is good and don't need very high voltage to produce
so that's good

1000V Pk into 50 ohms is 10KW RMS.
This is not a beginners project, just the cooling of the power stage will be a interesting and there may even be something to be said for grounded grid external anode tube as the amplifier.

Now it could be that you are running 50 ohms at a lower voltage and transforming up in the matching network at the plasma tube (Fairly typical in laser applications), in which case we need to know either the rf power required or the voltage into the 50 ohm line.

Also, what VSWR tolerance is required? Plasma tube startup usually requires very high tolerance of reflected power for a few milliseconds until the plasma is fully ionised.

Ixys/Directed Energy have some good application notes on 13.56MHz class E generators for these kinds of applications.

Regards, Dan.

2kV @300W is equivalent to < 7 A so step up transformer with low primary ESR loss and low Eddy current loss is needed i.e. air coil, but will have poor coupling factor and radiate dangerous EMI to eyes. COnsider Klystron tube & Microwave transformer (MOT) 1.5kW > 1GHz with resonance arc at several kV inside oven using aluminum foil. Also dangerous. But any High Q transformer will also be low bandwidth so consider SRF in selection of magnetics. This is not a solution but other examples to learn from similar to what Dan suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back