Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v (exact) 2A DC POWER SUPPLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

snazzy c

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls. i need a schematic for a 12v 2A dc supply; i have used LM317 and or LM350 but yet it didnt work. i exactly need 12v dc because if i use LM7812 there must be a voltage drop of 1v thereby reducing it to 11v dc. pls ., help!

The LM350 should work well with current of up to 3A, why would you have problem at 2A? Maybe the unregulated voltage source can not supply roughly 15Vdc @ 2A???
Keep in mind that you need at least 3V across the LM350 - that is 12V output + 3V makes 15V input ..
There is also S-series of voltage regulators which is rated for 2A - eg. L78S12 ..

IanP
:wink:

LM7812 output is 12V(1Amps) if output is lower than your input is less than 15V or your drawing more current with out proper heat sink
Can you upload your Circuit

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.