Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

110vac to 110vdc conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

b madhu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please help me to convert 110vac to 110vdc.by adding one diode can it be satisfied???

Please help me to convert 110vac to 110vdc.by adding one diode can it be satisfied???

Single diode (or half-wave) rectifier will produce on a resistive load an average voltage Vdc of 0.45xVac and average dc current Idc of 0.64xIac ..
Full wave bridge on resistive load gives you (average) Vdc=> 09Vac and Idc=>0.9Iac ..
In both cases, when you add a smoothing cap the voltage (with no load) rises to Vdc=> 1.41xVac .. and currents (1diode) Idc=> 0.28xIac and (4 diodes bridge) Idc=> 0.62xIac ...

Depends on what you need ????
:wink:
IanP

This schematic shows a half-wave power supply with a load sufficient to draw down the supply level to 110 VDC.

Some amount of impedance is usually in the power supply.
I installed a 3 ohm resistor to represent this.
Anyway it limits current to a reasonable amount, because much more current would be liable to trip a circuit breaker.

better to go for full wave rectifiers as they have higher rectification rates than other designs

better to go for full wave rectifiers as they have higher rectification rates than other designs

Technically speaking, a single-phase (one-diode) rectifier will charge the DC-output capacitor to the peak voltage of 110 VAC, 160 V DC approx. If you discharge this capacitor by a load current, the voltage will decrease. This effect depends upon the capacitor value and load current.
You can use a two-phase(bridge) rectifier to reduce the voltage decrease by load current.

As you presumably prefer to use no AC insulation transformer, the complete device is VERY DANGEROUS.
I will never recommend to anyone to even test it. Please ALWAYS use insulation transformers, to separate AC mains from the rectifier ad the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back