Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 10101 non-overlap sequence detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaptainBug

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

This is very basic, but I am confused on this one. In the picture attached can someone tell what will be the state transition from E if it gets a 0 ? Its a 10101 non-overlap sequence detector.

10101 sequence.PNG
Edit: E -> A is 1/1

Last edited:

As you are designing non-overlapping sequence detector, if circuit is in E state and it gets input 0, it will go to state A with output being 0. You will write it as 0/0.

Do you need any other help with state machines?

All the best!

So you mean from E to A its 1/1 and 0/0 ?
I guessed it, but thought same state cannot be assigned twice from other state. Thank you for the clarification.

So you mean from E to A its 1/1 and 0/0 ?
I guessed it, but thought same state cannot be assigned twice from other state. Thank you for the clarification.

Yeah, and there's nothing like same state cannot be assigned twice or so. where would be state transition if input is 1 in state B or 0 in state C etc ? While drawing state diagram, take all possible cases into consideration, that would help you in complex problems for reducing circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back