Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to implement a receiver to get only the time signal from WWW (10 MHz). Proof of a concept is the goal.

Since it is not the main point in my project I am looking for a "sure fire" circuit not needing more than the usual debugging.

I run across one here: **broken link removed**

My questions:
A) Dual MOSFET 40673 transistors are discontinued ones, not obtainable locally and hard to get (time and $$$$$$$$). Is it any modern one which I could use to replace them in the front end section?.

B) Regarding the ferrite toroids I have in my junkbox: how could I know if any one match the reccomended ones?

C) Is there any reason to use such an elaborate audio amplifier circuit or could it be replaced by something based on a audio amp IC?

D) Can anyone suggest another circuit, similar or SIMPLER, which I could build but "sure fire" granted?

Please do not propose alternatives other than RF receivers. Proof of the concept in play requires it!

(Yes I know that GPS exists. I really know that!) My RF practice is lost in time and have not time nor interest in experimenting. At least not this time.

Thanks for any help. I will certainly appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…