1 TO 5V DC-DC BOOST CONVERTER... CAN ANYONE PLS HELP ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiss05055

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm required to build a 1 to 5v step up converter for part of my Final year project as it is the only way to expand my project scope. I required an input voltage range of 0.9v to 1.5 voltage which is equilvilant to an AA size battery to step up to a constant output voltage of 5v, which will be connected to an USB receptacle for charging portable devices.

I searched through tons of sites but still unable to find a complete full theortical calculations and the types of components i should use to build such converter. I will greatly appreciate if anyone out here can guide me in building such converter. I did know the working principle of a boost converter, but i just don't understand the steps and calculation that i required for calculating each individual components in the circuit.

And also, is there anyway to step up an inconsistance small current from afew mirco amps to milli amps?

I desperately in need of help here, i think i might fail for my project.... can anyone pls help... =(

Thanks.

hi,

i think u get me wrong. i'm building up a dc dc converter from scatch. but the site which u provides to me is from the manufacturer.

what i'm looking into is calculations and theories regarding the building of a (1v to 5v) dc dc boost converter.

can u help me?

thankz

What I suggest you is to check for the various solutions adopted by the producers of this kind of DC/DC converter.
You can take a look at the block diagram (if the internal schematics are not available) of the IC and you can read the description of the inner functioning of the device: I think you will learn a lot about problems you can occur in the developement of such converter.
Personally I have never had such requirements, so I'm not sure if I can help you.
BTW, when you make such requests, it would be better if you will give other parameters like maximum input/output current, output ripple, ...
It is a bit difficult to help without knowing them!

BTW, what is the reason you do not want to use a ready made IC: price/dimensions/...?

hi

i had actually read through datasheets of such boost converter. However, they did not show detailed block diagrams, calculations or even the components they used in the chip.

i wanna build a boost converter which is have the same specification as this:
https://www.sgbotic.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=302

The reason for me to build a boost converter myself instead of buying a ready-made Converter IC is that my project requires me to actually build a dc dc boost converter so that it will have a higher academic value.
Is there any sites i can rely on?

I apologised for being harsh here.

Thank you.

Hi kiss05055,
its a nice IC, tnx for sharing!
Sorry, I cant understand you, did you checked pls pages 12-14 too?
You have here seldom detailed block diagrams, description and formels too!
K.

Otherwise; you can find on the www.linear.com webside older ApplNotes from J. Williams, title is some similar as:" 1 cell circuits"_he describes in that lot of circuits for 1.2V, some (discrete)voltage converters too...
Next more one possibility: search pls on the side from **broken link removed** their has very good applNotes & Tech Articles over step up/down converting techniques, inclusive designer SW!

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.